Jumping On the Blogging Bandwagon

Greetings and salutations,

Whenever I use that phrase, I think of Charlotte the spider from Charlotte's Web by E.B. White when she uses it to greet Wilbur for the first time and he has no idea what she just said. One of my favorite pieces of childhood literature. So another literary reference along with the obvious one with which I have used for the title of this blog. "Further up and further in" is from The Last Battle by C.S. Lewis, for any of you who didn't know. Side note: if you haven't read it or any of the Narnia series, get off whatever technological device you are using and go read it. I highly recommend all of the books. I feel like it is an appropriate title for this blog as I desire to go further up in my relationship with my heavenly Father and I want to continue further in and on the adventure(s) that are before me.

I have been encouraged to blog as I'm going on a study abroad program called Wheaton in England through Wheaton College so here it is. I have tried blogging before and it hasn't worked out well so fingers crossed that this second attempt is better than the first. I hope to semi-regularly update this blog with posts and pictures of my time in England and beyond that as I return home at the end of the summer and go back to Wheaton in fall to begin my sophomore year.

For those of you who do not know, I am currently at Wheaton College taking intensive English classes until we fly out for London on June 3rd. I have completed about a week of class so far and have another week to go. If you're interested, I'm taking 17th Century Literature, Jane Austen and Travel Writing. And yes, it's a lot of homework which I'm currently procrastinating by starting this blog. We will be traveling all over England from London to Bath to Dover to Beer and more so we'll get a full scope of the country during the 6 weeks that we will be spending there. Our group is coming together well as we are getting to know each other and making literary puns and jokes in class. There are 35 students, including myself, and 2 English professors along with one professor's family going so a group of 41 in all. Quite a party to take across the pond. Please feel free to ask questions or just comment on what's going on. I would love to hear from you. If there is anything that I should do, experience or eat while I'm in England, please tell me! All suggestions and recommendations are heartily welcome. Thanks for reading my first plunge into the blogging world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

::you can't go home again... right?::

::to a former lover::

::courage, dear heart::